Reviews about Cake Tella’s rum and raisin cake
If you have tried our rum raisin cake, let us know how we did on Google Review here!
I chose the blackforest rum for my birthday last week as a gift from a close friend. I have to say that my mission now is to taste all their cakes. My cake was simply heavenly. The alcohol content is just right without overwhelming the cake and it pairs with the chocolate very nicely. I see that they have limited box sets each week and the content of these box sets varies. That is a great way to sample their creations without committing to an entire cake. However, based on what I have tasted, I don’t think you can go wrong in choosing any cake from the menu.
VS on Google Review (5 stars)
These are by far the best alcoholic cakes I have ever had. We ordered the best combination box set – Mocha Rum Cake, Baileys Choc Mousse, Whisky Salted Caramel Mousse and Blackforest Rum. Decadent, tons of flavor, and a great splash of the alcohol, they just hit the right notes! It makes for a very yummy treat for oneself or for a birthday!
Be careful though, once you start there’s no stopping back!! Haha!!
Vasundhara Pande on Google Review (5 stars)
Another round of satisfaction with the “Rum Raisin Chocolate Mousse” alcohol cake ordered for my daughter’s birthday. I have ordered cakes (alcohol cakes esp.) from Cake Tella and I have never been disappointed by the quality of the cakes on every occasion.
This time, the cake I ordered came with 70% of chocolate mousse that was NOT too sweet but tastefully complemented by rum raisin, coupled with the slightly crunch biscuit base. A person like me, who does not like mousse cake, “gulp down” one big piece of it.
Leong Tracy on Google Review (5 stars)
Rum and Raisin Cake Recipe
For rum and raisin cake,
For rum ganache,
- Preheat the oven to 165°C.
- Chop the raisins into smaller bits and soak it in boiling water for 5 minutes. This will help to rehydrate the raisins. After 5 minutes, drain the raisins and soak the raisins in the dark rum. Microwave the soaked raisins for 30 seconds and set it aside for the raisins to absorb the rum.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar, butter, and salt using a mixer on medium speed or whisk. Mix it till the mixture becomes creamy. Set it aside.
- Chop the dark chocolate into smaller pieces and place them in a small bowl. Using a larger bowl, fill it with hot water. Place the smaller bowl (with chocolate) into the larger bowl. Stir the chocolate pieces till it melts. If you have a microwave, you can melt it in it at 30 seconds intervals.
- Add the melted chocolate into the butter, sugar, and salt mixture. Mix it until well combined.
- Place the mixture on low heat and add the eggs in, one at a time. Ensure that the eggs are fully incorporated into the mixture before adding the next one. If needed, scrape down the sides of the bowl so that the mixture will be evenly mixed.
- Once the eggs are well incorporated with the mixture, add the flour in batches using the folding method and a spatula.
- Drain the raisins from the rum while keeping the leftover rum. Add the leftover rum and rum-soaked raisins into the chocolate cake mixture (set some rum-soaked raisins aside for your garnish later on). Combine these into the mixture by folding it.
- Next, grease your cake tins with butter or line it with baking paper. Pour the chocolate rum mixture into it and place it into the preheated oven. Bake it for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after poking the middle part of the cake. Once it is baked, allow it to cool in the cake tin for 15 minutes before moving it to a cooling rack.
- While the cake is baking in the oven, prepare the rum ganache by filling a saucepan with water and placing it on a stove at medium heat. In another bowl, add the chocolate and fresh cream. Place this bowl above the saucepan (ensure that the water in the saucepan is not touching the bowl with chocolate). Stir the chocolate and cream mixture till it is completely melted.
- Add dark rum into the melted chocolate mixture and stir it till it becomes shiny. Set this rum ganache mixture aside and stir it every 20 minutes till it becomes thick. It will take around 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- After the chocolate rum cake has cooled completely, pour the rum ganache over it. Garnish it with the rum-soaked raisins which were set aside previously.
- Serve it immediately.