Reviews about Cake Tella’s whiskey cakes
If you have tried our whiskey cakes, let us know how we did on Google Review here! Else, you can find out what our past customers have said about our whiskey cakes below.
Ordered the Whisky Ice Cream cake & it’s just wonderful! We went to collect the cake & was surprised that it came with a good quality insulated bag. There was even a proper metal knife & 1 sparkle included. Ok I was impressed with the knife as other established brands were still giving the plastic ones! Then the cake itself was so so so good. The ice cream was not too sweet, the chocolate shavings & deco were rich in flavour, the cake part which was infused with whisky was strong but not too overpowering & the crispy base added the final yummy touch to the whole experience. Definitely recommended for those who are alcohol tolerant.
Tan Susan on Google Review (5 stars)
Bought cake from this seller thrice this year. They're amazing. The amount of alcohol in the cake complements the dark chocolate mousse on the cakes. The decoration was really good. Each part of the cake is a delight. The delivery was before the indicated time which was good. I have tried their alcohol cake range: Rum and Raisin, Whiskey Truffle Cake and Bailey's Signature cake. They're amazing and contain rich flavors with generous amount of alcohol.Nithia Ratnam on Google Review (5 stars)
Ordered the Saturday cake box. RM50 for 4 pieces is a really good deal. Every cake is AWESOME. The ingredients used are high quality. Whiskey salted caramel and Choc mille crepe are sooooo good. Love them all. 😍 Definitely will buy from them again.Cindy Khoo on Google Review (5 stars)
Whiskey Cake Recipe
For whiskey ganache,
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Combine the coffee, whiskey, butter, and cocoa powder in a pan. Place the mixture on a stove, at low heat. Whisk the mixture till the butter is melted and the mixture is well combined. Next, add the brown sugar into the mixture and stir it till it dissolves. Once the sugar dissolves, remove it from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- To combine the dry ingredients, add baking soda, flour, pepper, and salt into a bowl. Whisk it together till well combined. Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix it until well combined. Once combined, pour this egg mixture into the wet mixture. Whisk it till the egg is incorporated into the mixture.
- Fold the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together in batches so as to ensure that the mixture will not get lumpy. While folding, ensure that the sides are scraped down so that the mixture will be evenly mixed.
- After the dry and wet ingredients are combined, fold in the chocolate chips while leaving some of it for garnishing later on. If you prefer to have more texture, you can use chopped chocolate bars as the garnish instead.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan and bake it for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the middle part of the cake. Once it is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove it from the pan afterwards and cool it on a cooling rack.
- While the cake is baking in the oven, prepare the whiskey ganache by softening the chocolate chips in a microwave for 1 minute. In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream till it just begins to boil. Pour the heated heavy cream over the soft chocolate chips and let it sit for around 2 minutes before stirring. Stir till the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture turns creamy.
- Add whiskey, vanilla extract, and salt into the mixture. Stir till well combined. Once done, cover it up and store it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes till it becomes thicker. Alternatively, you can make the ganache the day before and store it in the refrigerator. Remember to heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds and allow it to cool slightly before using it in the next step.
- After the cake is cooled and the whiskey ganache is thick enough to spread, pour it over the cake and garnish with some chocolate chips. Chill it in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.